• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 11 Huh?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I have been actively involved in a number of corporate environments of middle sized business. Every time I mention Windows 11 the room goes quiet. Let's be honest Windows 11 offers the home users a bunch of gimmicks that most business would rather not offer their users. It also turns a bunch of hardware into being obsolete of having to jury rig it to make it work. Business bought into Office 365, it has it's strengths and weaknesses but in the end, it woks. The license by basically leasing seats ends up allowing businesses expand and contract their costs VS having to buy a license and it may just sit around if it's no longer needed not to mention 365 ensures the latest versions of Office programs..
Back to 11, I find it the 10/2025 end of support doesn't seem to bother any enterprise users. You can still downgrade a copy of Win 11 Pro to Win 10 Pro which is a big Hmmm. I know I keep bringing this up, however this is drama that isn't going away. Does anyone remember when the CEO Sata tried to take all MS software to a yearly subscription model until Bill Gates came back and stopped that nonsense. And so it continues.........

Not using it.
Thanks for the innspiration to take 11 of the system I am using for my daily driver at home. I can navagate far faster without having to muck around with all those goodies I will never need. I also realize how insane is the fact I have to load a 3rd party program "Startisback" just to get Windows to a point where it's more useful. Who knows, maybe I will break down start using a CLI O/S and dispense with all this siliness although I still enjoy a good well thought out and clean GUI

Back