• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
Plex Media Server

Plex Media Server 1.40.2.8395

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Aug 18, 2010
ThumperTM submitted a new resource:

Plex Media Server - Plex Media Server

View attachment 6475

Plex Media Server is an application that allows you to make your PC media server. After installing the program and make the necessary settings, you'll be able to access multimedia files with other computer devices. It is very convenient, for example, if you have several computers at home and want to listen to music or watch a movie, being on another PC. There is no need to transfer files with an external drive. When using Plex Media Server, access to all...

Read more about this resource...

As much as I try to love this program, it does too much to a catalog I have that's constantly changing.
I cut the cord some time ago and very happy I did. TV commercials make me feel very stupid among other things. The only thing I really need real-time is local and national news and they are available either as a direct feed or on one of the free programs side-loaded on my fire-cube.
Anything else I can have the series episode whether it's a weekday daily or a once a week show ~ 12 hours after airing with no commercials.
So the point is I have a huge turn over of TV series on top of an insanely large movie collection on my WD pr4100 NAS 4 x 10TB drives. Sifting thru all the info that Pex provides with a collection that size is bloodly untendable sifting through all the pictures, etc.
I can see if I had a current collection of IMDB 6.5+ and RT score of 75+ it migt work for me. I have had this discussion with fellow users like me and it's the same answer.
SO
If you are a casual user and don't have huge archives it can be a useful tool. For the serious collector, save yourself some pain. Cleaning up what it leaves behind when you are done with the program was no picnic even with Revo lending a hand.

Back